Version 0.1 PRELIMINARY (can be updated)
Workshop: Arduino For Total Newbies workshop
everything you need to learn to play with computer chips!
as an example project
(no materials required)
You've probably heard lots about Arduino. But if you don't know what it is, or how you can use it to do all sorts of cool things, then this fun and easy workshop is for you. As an example project, we'll be creating a TV-B-Gone remote control out of an Arduino -- and it really works!
OPTIONAL: You can do this workshop without materials.
But, to do the hands-on portion of this workshop, you'll need some MATERIALS.-- available at the workshop for 35 €
But if you don't know what it is, or how you can use it to do all sorts of cool things, then this fun and easy workshop is for you. As an example project, we'll be creating a
remote control out of an Arduino -- and it really works!
Arduino is an amazingly powerful tool that is very simple to learn to use. It was designed so that artists and non-geeks can start from nothing, and make something cool happen in less than 90 minutes. Yet, it is powerful enough so that uber-geeks can use it for their projects as well.
This workshop is easy enough for total newbies to learn all you need to know to get going on an Arduino.
Mitch Altman. Participants will learn to use an Arduino, and set up a solderless breadboards to make their own TV-B-Gone remote control to turn off TVs in public places -- a very fun way to learn Arduino (and electronics) basics.
- Intro to Arduino
- Very short lesson to learn everything you need to know about electronics!
- Overview of the Arduino Uno board.
- Set up the free and open-source software on our laptops -- Windows, MacOS, or Linux are all fine!
- And then its time to make something and learn how easy it is to use Arduino! I'll (very easily!) show you how to read schematic diagrams, and you'll put together your own TV-B-Gone remote control using your Arduino board. We will use a solderless breadboard. These are really useful, and provide a fast, and very easy way to put circuits together without needing to solder.
- Target practice is available all over the world after the workshop.
To do the hands-on portion of this workshop you will need MATERIALS:, which are available at the workshop for 35 €
More info on the workshop webpage
Start time: 16:30
Room: CYBER room (1.19)